Join Our Team
Are you passionate about skincare and the environment? Do you like helping people and want to support small and independent business?
We’re looking for like-minded individuals to join our little team at Blomma Beauty who share our ethics and want to help chart a new path in beauty retail. We’re a group of kind, honest and fun-loving people who want to make the world a better place while looking and feeling good!
We have a position available for a Beauty Advisor to join our friendly and passionate retail team across our Coal Drops Yard and Gabriel’s Wharf stores. Our company specialises in organic and vegan skincare and the successful candidate will be required to provide a high level of personal service to our customers to help them choose the right skincare and cosmetics. This is a part time position 2-3 days per week including weekends. This is a dynamic role working in a small but friendly company with plenty of opportunities to gain additional experience in projects outside of the retail role that you’re also interested in.
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Confidently greet and approach customers to build rapport, chat with them as they browse and demonstrate products
- Check in and host customers during our events and experiences
- Identify customer needs based on their preferences and budget to recommend, explain and demonstrate cosmetics and skin care products, cross-selling where possible
- Prepare samples and assist in consultations and sampling at our beauty bar
- Help clients find products they’re looking for in our store
- Ensure proper presentation of products on shelves
- Demonstrate exceptional product knowledge
- Build relationships with regular customers
- Inform customers on prices, special offers and updates
- Replenish and price stock as needed
- Making sales, processing returns, and maintaining a balanced cash register
- Upholding cleaning standards within the store
- Check in deliveries and manage inventory to ensure accuracy and minimise stock loss
- Communicate with colleagues in our other stores on trade and stock
- Assist in other duties as required, including events, marketing and social media.
- Previous experience as a Beauty Advisor or similar role
- Interest in organic and vegan beauty products
- Customer service experience in retail stores
- Passion and knowledge of makeup, hair care and skin care products
- Confidence to demonstrate and promote beauty products on the spot (e.g. how to apply face creams)
- Understanding of which products suit different skin types
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to remain calm and pleasant during peak hours
- Ability to contribute to a small energetic team in a busy store environment
- Ability to work independently as some shifts you may be working alone
- Be flexible and adaptable with the ability to work across both of our central London locations
- Be trustworthy, open and honest
Salary: London Living Wage
We're always happy to receive speculative applications. Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll review your application, and if successful, schedule an interview.