This hand cut obsidian gua sha from Bumi Naturals not only helps to lift and tone your skin but also possesses properties that are renowned for staving off negative energy.
- Obsidian naturally retains warmth from your skin to help draw out blemishes and unblock pores
- The gua sha tool has been used for thousands of years in East Asian and Chinese medicine to remove toxins, increase circulation, relax muscles and remove puffiness around the eye area
- Beautifully presented in a hand stitched pouch to keep your gua sha clean and protected
- Obsidian is used by healers to promote mental health and release negative thought patterns by releasing negative energy from the body
- Each hand cut gua sha has a unique shape. The stone naturally has lines and markings within it making each one individual and special
How to use your obisidian gua sha:
Start with one side of the face, apply 3-5 strokes per area before moving to the other side of your face. The tool should be used at a flat angle - approximately one finger width between the Gua Sha and your skin - and with a light pressure.
Use the long flat edge of the Gua Sha for your neck and pull it upwards towards the jawline. This encourages blood flow to the face.
Using the small round indents, pull the Gua Sha along the jawline, starting at the chin and drawing it up to your ear.
Take the long flat edge of the Gua Sha and pull it along your cheek from nose to ear. Then use the small round edge and press it flat under your eye. Use a gentle rolling and pumping action, moving from the inner eye to the outer eye.
Read our guide on 'How To Gua Sha' for more information
What skin type is a gua sha suited to? All skin types can benefit from using a gua sha. You can adjust the pressure as required but if you have particularly sensitive skin or with painful spots, abrasions or blemishes you may wish to consult with a doctor prior to use.
Who makes Bumi Naturals products? Founder Imogen is the formulator for Bumi Naturals, creating her pure, natural skincare in her London studio